Friday, May 10, 2013

Photo Friday: Where In Ottawa

It figures.

I was going to take Thursday night off and not post anything. But oh, no, somebody had to solve my Where In Ottawa challenge.

Thanks very much, Coreen!

All kidding aside, I want to congratulate her for figuring out where Monday's photo was taken. It is the old Barrhaven school house, on the corner of Strandherd Drive and Jockvale Road.



This is the first time that I've used a location from my own neighbourhood. Here are the clues, explained.
  1. Not the address: the school was built in 1906.
  2. I wonder if Mel went there: Barrhaven was named after Mel Barr. There's a chance the school was still operating when he was there, but I have no information to that effect.
  3. That's what I call "old school:" need I say more?
Congratulations again, Coreen.

The next challenge is Monday, June 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment