Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blog Out Loud meets Writers Fest

I've always wanted to do a reading at the Ottawa International Writers Festival. For me, it would be a way to validate myself as a bona fide writer.

This year, I will be doing just that.

While I won't be reading from my novel, Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary, I will be reading one of my Brown Knowser blog posts. You see, the writers festival has teamed up with Blog Out Loud, the annual Ottawa event where local bloggers deliver a post orally. This will be my third time at the event and I can't wait to meet new bloggers and reacquaint myself with bloggers I haven't seen in a while.


Have you ever wanted to meet some of the Ottawa-area bloggers? Have you wanted to be a blogger yourself but haven't known where to start? Come out to Blog Out Loud for the best opportunity to do both. Ten bloggers will read their favourite post of the past year (or so). Come prepared to laugh, cry, and think. Photo bloggers will also display their favourite photographs.

The event is on Tuesday, April 29, at 6:30, at the Knox Presbyterian Church, 120 Lisgar Street (at Elgin). And, best of all, it's FREE!

I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment