Monday, August 25, 2014

Music Monday: Enemies

I don't have any enemies, do I?

I hope not.

I'm sure I've pissed off a few people in my life (I know I have), but I don't mean to. And I'm sorry.

Maybe one or more of my posts has pissed off a person or two, but I have to try to be true to myself: if I try to live up to other people's standards, I won't be able to make everyone happy anyway; least of all, myself.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with today's music, except for its title, Enemies, by BC singer-songwriter, Hannah Georgas.

This song has a good beat and great vocals, and the video is well-shot. The main character, played by actor John Ennis, gives a convincing performance on a down-on-his-luck guy who enters his dog in a race and bets everything on it.



Though I hate dogs (yes, I guess we're enemies), I like the story. And I love the song.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. How are we even related?? ;)
    Nice song, even if its video sugar-coats a callous industry that I detest. You know I love greyhounds; John and I have rescued a few over the years. Hey, did you know racing greyhounds have tattoos? As if you needed one more reason to hate 'em, eh? Anyway!
    Love you, Bro.

    ReplyDelete