Friday, November 14, 2014

Photo Friday: Killing Time

For the past few Wednesday evenings, I've found myself in Manotick, waiting for my young daughter, who has been enrolled in an activity (that's enough information: her private life is her private life). Because the activity only takes an hour, it's not worth my while to drive home, and so I find myself looking for things to do.

As lovely as Manotick is, it's not a hotbed of activity.

One week, in search of a coffee shop, I learned that the only place that is open at that hour is the nearby Tim Hortons. I don't like their coffee and I try to avoid doughnuts at all costs, so I either have to choke down that hot, coffee-like beverage (their new dark roast is only mildly better) or I have to find something else to do.

The following week, I decided to go to one of the town's pubs, The Black Dog Bistro, which has a great selection of local craft brews on tap. It's a much-better option to Tim's, but also much more expensive (I guess you get what you pay for). And I prefer company if I'm going to drink beer.

This week, I gave up looking for a place to hang out. Instead, I grabbed my camera and headed for the town's major attraction, Watson's Mill. I figured that snow can come at any time, and I might as well take advantage of the weather before it became too cold.

With just a hoodie on, on Wednesday night, it was already too cold. But I still took some shots.


Happy Friday!

1 comment: