Monday, March 16, 2015

Glebe St. James

Another word for prime is first. One of our prime ministers was William Lyon Mackenzie King.

There is a church that holds a labyrinth walk on Sunday afternoons.

There is a word that describes land that is set aside for the church: that word is glebe, which is a well-known neighbourhood, south of Centretown, on the other side of the Queensway.

In the Glebe, there is a church that was once named St. Andrews: it is now called St. James. It's located at the corner of First Avenue and Lyon Street South.

And it is the 45th location for Where In Ottawa.


I sort of gave up on this challenge over the weekend, which gets busy with family activities. I make no apologies. But that also meant that I only posted four clues for my photo challenge for you to work with.

Frankly, I'm surprised it went on for as long as it did. And, while a lot of you viewed this post, no one ventured a guess. So, at noon, on Sunday, I closed the contest.

Better luck next month.

1 comment:

  1. Dayum. I had it figured out but I couldn't find that deco over the window in google street view. I see it now :)

    ReplyDelete