Monday, May 29, 2017

Spring Break

This evening, I'm packing up my family and leaving Ottawa.

Bright and early, Tuesday morning, we're leaving Canada.

It's been more than a year since we've taken a real vacation and, because of my impending foot surgery, we can't take the chance that I'll be mobile in July or August. If we are to get away, somewhere, this year, now is the time.

And so, we've booked a last-minute vacation and are gearing up to fly out tomorrow.

I need a break.

And not just from work: I'm taking a break from The Brown Knowser. This will be the last post until I return from vacation. Depending on how I feel when I return home, the next post will be next Wednesday, June 7, or Thursday, June 8.

This also means that for the month of June, there will be no Where In Ottawa photo challenge. This popular contest will return Monday, July 3.

Not only am I taking a break from my blog, I'm also going off the Internet grid. As a way to strengthen this resolve, I'm leaving my smartphone at home.

No Twitter.

No Facebook.

No Instagram.

No Flickr.

No Untappd.

No anything.

This means that I'll have to make a concession for my POTD project, in that I will still take a photo each day but I just won't share it on social media until I return.

I'll have my Android tablet but, where we're going, there is no Internet. Not easily accessible, that is. I'm bringing it solely to download and process my POTD, so that I can share them as soon as we return.

This vacation will not only be a break from work and home but also as a test to see how I fare being away from the social media that I haven't been able to separate myself from for more than six years.

Where are we going, you might ask? Ask away, but I'll have lots to say when I return.

And photos.

Wish me luck.

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment