Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Unforsaken

Photo by DW: Page, AZ, in 2015
Fifty-one days have elapsed in 2018. In that time, I've picked up my Nikon D-SLR on only two of those days. After a year when my camera seldom left my side, I feel unarmed.

Like a knight without his sword; a Jedi without his light sabre.

With 29 Brown Knowser posts, so far this year, only two contain photos that were shot in 2018 with my D-SLR. The rest either use stock images from the Internet, old photos from years and cameras past, or others, shot with my Android phone or my Canon pocket camera.

I haven't cast my number-one camera aside, I haven't forsaken it. This week, I bring it back into service. Not to replace the cameras that I'm using for my 2018 project, but because I feel that I need all of my photography tools at my disposal.

My break is over. It's time to get back into the hobby that I love so much. To do more that just carry old cameras that will help me fulfill my current project.

No comments:

Post a Comment