Friday, May 4, 2012

Photo Friday: Orange-ya Glad It's Friday?


Okay, this is a lazy post.

I was actually considering not putting anything up on The Brown Knowser today because my family and I spent yesterday, from 1 PM to 11 PM, at a dance competition. By the time we got home, unpacked, got the girls something to eat (we skipped dinner), got the makeup and hairspray washed out, and tucked the girls in, it was about 12:30.

The last time I looked at the clock before shutting my own eyes, it was 12:36 AM. When I reopened my eyes to get ready for work, it was 4:46.

To put it mildly, I was exhausted by the time I dragged myself into the office at 6:45. And I was ready to say, "Screw it: no blog post today."

And then I realized it was Friday. My Photo Friday. A day where I usually say, "The weekend is upon us. Let's be whimsical."

One of the things I noticed on my morning commute, as I crossed the bridge from Ontario into Québec, from Ottawa to Gatineau, was that the only colour seemed to come from the tulips that were blossoming. May brings us the Tulip Festival, and the entire city glows with colour. The tulips I passed this morning were the very flowers that I had shot earlier this week and posted as my Wordless Wednesday. And I remembered that I had played with one of the photos and made it look more like a painting than a photograph.

And I knew I had a post for today.


You be the judge: lazy or not?

Happy Friday. Get some rest this weekend: Where In Ottawa is back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment