Thursday, October 5, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Hats

Twenty years ago, DW and I had become fairly familiar with our new country, South Korea, taking advantage of the weekends to hop on an inter-city bus and see the countryside. With so many temples, ancient sites, and cities to visit, we certainly got around.

It's not like we had a lot of weekend chores or kids to look after.

While I did travel with my expedition hat on most of the excursions, I did accumulate a couple of straw hats to wear on particularly hot weekends. These hats often had ridiculously wide brims, were so large that I had to keep them in the overhead storage on the buses. they took up
a ton of room.

Here, at home, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of these hats; but, in Korea, I never gave it a second thought.

Obviously, I didn't bring this one home with me.



Happy Thursday!


1 comment: