Thursday, November 14, 2019

Beer O'Clock: 90-Second Review

Once again, I'm trying something new.

For those of you who have been following The Brown Knowser over the years, you've likely read my Beer O'Clock reviews here and on its own blog site. A few years ago, I attempted my first video beer review, and judging by the scant viewership, most of you found the 19 minutes a bit long to take.

I get you. I haven't watched that video since I first made it.

I've wanted to make more videos of reviews, but I didn't want to make them long. I wanted to keep the video under five minutes, but even that seemed long.

Yesterday, I wondered if I could keep a video review to 60 seconds, and so I wrote out a short script and timed myself. And sure, I can do it, if I simply want to speak and I don't intend to do anything with the beer.

And so I then challenged myself to a 90-second video review, and gave myself some time to open the can of beer, pour it, smell it, taste it, and give my overall impression. With a little bit of editing, I managed to create a video that's exactly 90 seconds.

It's rough, but with time I'm sure I'll get better.

For this new review format, I thought I would review Ottawa's newest brewery. I first sampled some of their suds before they had a shop, during this spring's beer fest in Orleans. And I have to say, I nearly forgot about them in the ensuing months, but a change in plans for a recent Brew Donkey tour brought this brewery back on my radar.

Open since this past August, Brew Revolution picks up a music theme, with brews like Make Me Wanna Stout, Kashmir, and Walkin' On Sunshine, this Stittsville brewery already has a vast selection to choose from.

Enough writing: here's my 90-second review. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment