Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Remembering Warmer Climes

As we head toward winter and the impending Arctic blasts, I can't help but think of this year's trip to sunny Mexico, when DW and I had an early celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary.

This one-week vacation to the Mayan Riviera will no doubt go down as one of our best vacations of all time and was our first vacation away from the kids in 15 years, especially since DW was able to fulfill one of her bucket-list dreams: swimming with sea turtles.

This is also the first time we were able to truly take advantage of our 360-degree video camera. I've shared the first video that I shot, before this trip, in early March, and I later took this camera with me and made a movie in Korea, but with Mexico we were able to take the camera under water to see the sea life and snorkel in the cenotes.

DW and I created a 30-minute video to remember this trip, but I felt that this is too long for other people to watch. And because I know that some people like to see travel videos to get an idea about where they may like to go (DW and I looked at several YouTube videos in preparation for our vacation), I've cut our vacation video down to 10 minutes to show the highlights of our trip.

There's no dialog but I do show where each clip was captured. If you've thought about visiting the Mayan Riviera but don't know what to expect, hopefully this video can give you a little insight.

I hope you enjoy this snapshot of Mexico and that it will get your mind off the winter that is to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment