Monday, January 13, 2020

Beer O'Clock: Partaking a Pale

Today is Day 13 of Dry January and so far, so good.

Mind you, I did slip on Saturday in my vow to also avoid sugar, having developed an insatiable craving for leftover Christmas cookies and one piece of homemade fudge that my sister bestowed onto the Brownfoots.

We received more fudge, this past Christmas, than my entire family eats at any other time in the past decade. But I digress...

A couple of days after Dry January started, I thought to myself, would I have to wait until February before performing and presenting another Beer O'Clock review? A couple of years or so ago, I had reviewed a non-alcoholic beer that I didn't know was alcohol-free until after I brought it home and drank it.

I asked my Twitter friends if it would be considered cheating if I drank a non-alcoholic beer during Dry January and received a resounding no. In fact, one of my virtual friends even recommended a choice that was available at the LCBO.

And so, here we are.

Partake Brewing founder, Ted Fleming, gave up alcohol a few years ago due to a medical ailment, but wasn't prepared to say goodbye to his love of beer, and decided to start his own brewery that is dedicated to creating good alcohol-free suds. His brewery produces a pale ale, IPA, blonde, and stout.

For my Dry January beer review, I take a look at his pale ale, simply called Pale.

As with my last Beer O'Clock review, I made a YouTube video. But because a 90-second review is far too short and difficult in getting all the information covered, and because I wanted to have a bit of fun making this review, I added almost an extra minute, making this one just shy of two-and-a-half minutes.

This also marks the last time that Beer O'Clock will appear in The Brown Knowser. As I mentioned last week, I have created a Brown Knowser YouTube channel, and this is the new home of my beer reviews. If you like them, please subscribe (that way, I know people are actually watching). Other videos that are not related to beer will also appear here.

I'll try to create at least one video each month.

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. I bought this beer by mistake this past summer, but I was glad I did. I really liked it too.

    ReplyDelete