Monday, February 17, 2020

Music Monday: Blues at Queen Street Fare

This week is all about the past: things I did when I wasn't blogging and things that I did after I started up The Brown Knowser again, but haven't shared yet.

Last September, my youngest daughter was invited to perform a couple of numbers with Ottawa blues artist, JW Jones, at a show at Queen St. Fare. My daughter has performed with JW before, at his youth series, #613FutureBlues, and last year he was so impressed by her progress that he invited her to be a special guest drummer at his September show.

I saw JW last Friday, performing a Valentine's Day show, and we chatted about this year's #613FutureBlues show, and he's aiming to hold it in April. If you know of any young musician, aged 13 to 18 years old (my kid is only 16), stay tuned for information about how to audition.

Anyway, back to last September's show.

It's been a few years since I've run a Music Monday post, and I thought I would share my daughter's performance. Two songs, and 12 minutes that is more than worth your time. You can hear why JW rightly earned the Maple Blues Electric Act of the Year Award.

Both numbers, "Funny Bone" and "I Don't Believe a Word You Say," are great, but they really come together in the second number.



Thanks to my good friend, Marc, for capturing this video while I worked on stills.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment