Tuesday, April 6, 2021

An Afternoon in Conwy

I wrote about this northern Welsh town a few months ago, when I was developing a character for my novel, Gyeosunim. In retrospect, but without regret, I spent too much time thinking about this town for such a minor character, but it did get me thinking about this lovely walled town.

After our stopover at Valle Crucis Abbey, DW and I drove straight to Conwy. Although the sky threatened to rain some more as we approached this seaside town, the clouds thinned out and some blue sky shone through as we parked the car and made our way to the castle.

One of the many Welsh castles that was built by Edward I of England, this stronghold has been around since 1289. We toured the castle and then walked around the walls that enclose the oldest part of town and offers stunning views.

Because much of this vacation has faded from DW's and my memories, I'll leave you with the photos that we shot.

Yesterday, I said that Valle Crucis Abbey was my favourite ruin. Conwy was my favourite of all the towns we visited.


More snippets of this trip to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment