Friday, November 11, 2022

The Brownfoot Sphinx

I take a lot of snapshots of our cats. I mean, who doesn't like to capture memories of their household pets?

But this is one of my favourite recent shots of our little princess, Cece. As Kid 1 describes it, this shot is of our cat posing like a sphinx.

I can't argue. With her body stretched out on the kitchen floor, her forepaws supporting her upper half, and her head held up, she does strike a distinct pose.

I captured this image with my smartphone, held upside down so that the lens was as low to the floor as I could make it—the top of the phone is actually resting on the ground. I used the wide-angle lens (my smartphone has three lenses) and angled it upward, slightly.


The trick was to keep Cece still and to hold her pose long enough that I could get the shot. I said nothing to her and moved so casually so that she wouldn't move away. Within seconds of snapping this photo, she was up and on the move again.

It's so much easier to capture her when she's asleep.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment