Friday, January 20, 2023

Scoreboard

It's not much of a Photo Friday, so let's not call it that.

When I reached 24 in my count for the number of times that I've shovelled my driveway for the 2022–2023 snow season, I started asking myself: "are we at 24 or 25?"

Because I was fairly certain that I was at 24, even though 25 kept popping into my head, I felt I needed a way to keep an accurate count. And I knew the perfect way.

When Kid 2 moved out of the house, I took over her old room and converted it into my work-from-home office. Not to be confused with our home office, where I usually work on my blog, my photos, and my YouTube videos.

(Her old bed is still in place, for when she comes home to visit and for when I need an afternoon nap.)

On one of her walls, we mounted a small blackboard, upon which she used to write school assignments that were due, or she'd write appointment schedules so that she wouldn't forget.

For more than six months, there was a hair appointment on a Tuesday at 2:00 that filled that blackboard. But after my 24th venture to clear the driveway, I erased the appointment (she had it last May) and wrote the heading Shovelling 22–23. I then started scratching the numbers to 24.

Here's where I stood as of Wednesday:


It's hard to believe I've already cleared snow 29 times (as of writing this post: I'll have more to shovel, today) and it's only January. If things continue, the 2022–2023 shovelling season might be a record year (does that mean I have to keep count, next year, too?).

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment