The Best Time to Paddle

I've never been a morning person.

I could rise before the sun, get to work before most of my colleagues showed up. I could get up early, but I never liked it.

But when it comes to kayaking, I don't mind getting up early. Usually, the wind is pretty calm, and the light, low on the horizon, makes everything pop.

When we were on Agawa Bay, I loved getting up and looking out into Lake Superior. On almost every morning, the water was near-flat. The colour in the sky was cool but inviting. And after almost a week in the provincial park, it was the perfect time to get out in our kayaks.

I've already covered this adventure in a blog post but last Friday, the video of that adventure came out on YouTube. It's part 3 of my Lake Superior video series and for me, it's the best one.

Best, because it was shot at a great time of the morning and on a day where Agawa Bay was at it's most calm—the calm before the storm, so to speak. The next day, we had rain and the wind created a menacing bay. We weren't planning to paddle that day, anyway, so the weather was moot for us.

The video is less than 15 minutes long. Take a break and have a look.

I'm still not a morning person but when you have weather conditions like what we had that morning, I will never complain.

If you like the video, check out the other two on my YouTube channel. Part 4 will be released this Friday (I've been releasing a video every Friday since July).

Also, last Friday, on my blog, I shared how we left the Lake Superior region and made our way toward our next adventure. I'll continue that story, tomorrow.

Happy Monday!

Comments