Friday, June 15, 2012

I BOLO'd


Last night, I attended another fabulous evening at Blog Out Loud. It always amazes me of the wonderful calibre of writers we have in the Ottawa blogging community, but I'm also thrilled by how well those bloggers are able to present their posts in front of a live audience.

Having been a Toastmaster for nine years, I'm familiar with speaking in front of a crowd, of putting myself out there. I still look fondly on the time where I performed Monty Python and the Holy Grail, taking all roles, and singing and acting my way through a condensed version—in 15 minutes.

I loved it.

While last night, I was out of practice of performing in front of a crowd, I did manage to get my blog read without choking. For those of you who were unable to attend, here's what you missed*:


My thanks go to Derek Felson for coming out to support me, and for shooting the video footage.

My favourite reading of the night? Tough choice. So many to choose from: from a story of having a tough time conceiving a child and then having almost no chance of having a second, to the hilarious tale of accidentally stealing a shopping cart, I'd have to say the one that I enjoyed the most was by Nadine Thornhill, who talked about the time she first discussed sex with her son and the lessons she learned. Well organized, well written, well told.

Truthfully, I enjoyed them all. I laughed, I choked up, I stopped and thought.

Our host, Marnie, was energized, engaging, and entertaining. And hot! (That's right: I said it.)

I'm already looking forward to next year's event. Many thanks to Lynn, for her hard work in organizing BOLO.

* The beer was actually from Nickel Brook, not River Brook. I must have blacked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment