Monday, December 17, 2018

Ready For The Holidays

One of the many trees in Centre Block, Parliament Hill.
It's funny how this will be the last blog post that I write for 2018.

Traditionally, I re-post Christmas-themed stories that have had a lot of viewership over the years. For those who are new to The Brown Knowser, I hope you enjoy reading them for the first time. And to my loyal readers, I hope that these tales still continue to please you.

Those holiday posts return tomorrow, Thursday, and on Christmas Eve.

I have a Wordless Wednesday that contains some photos that I shot on Saturday at the Centre Block on Parliament Hill and compiled the post later that evening. As many may know, Ottawa's jewel will close its doors to the public on January 25, 2019, for renovation and will remain closed for about 10 years. If you're able, get inside as soon as possible: when I was there, many paintings had already been removed from the halls and books had already left the library shelves.

The final photos for my Black-and-White Project are already chosen and lined up. And, as another tradition, my favourite photos of 2018 are already selected and the post has been scheduled for more than a month.

Just as a heads up: that post, on December 31, contains some images that aren't safe for the office.

I'm going to take a break from blogging for Christmas Day, December 26, and December 27. So this post, written last night, is it.

Thanks to everyone who has viewed my blog. I hope you've enjoyed it. I hope that 2019 is prosperous to all.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment