Tuesday, November 17, 2020

It's Going to Be a COVID Christmas

I'm sorry to my local retail businesses, but unless you're online with free delivery, I'm going to be giving you a miss this year.

Photo credit: Huffington Post
I won't be going to any shopping malls or small gift shops this Christmas season. I'm staying home, doing all my holiday shopping online.

And I have to admit, I've been using Amazon like a drunken sailor on shore leave. No muss, no fuss: look for what I need, see the various selections, read the reviews, compare prices, swipe with my phone app, and it's on my doorstep in a day or two.

This is the way I shop these days. And the longer this pandemic goes on, the more I get used to shopping this way, the more chances that this will remain my norm.

I hate shopping as it is. I hated malls and crowded stores.

If I can support local, I will, but it has to be in my mind. I have to think, yes, this is where I used to go to get those kinds of things.

Don't blame me for not going out to my local stores this holiday. Blame the COVidiots who, through their social gathering, failure to wearing masks and maintaining a safe distance. They are the reason that the pandemic is still raging.

Oh yeah, and while you're at it, blame the provincial government for its inaction, for its failure in implementing strong restrictions that could have decimated the virus months ago.

I know, I ranted about this yesterday. But I'm still as angry that we're going nowhere with flattening the curve.

I really miss people.

I don't miss shopping, though, so this online thing is really not so bad. With any luck, I'll have shopped and wrapped my gifts long before the holidays.

It's going to be a COVID Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment