Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Tuning Out

I'm off the social-media radar today. My radio is also off and if I turn on the TV it will only be to stream something off of Netflix or Prime, or one of my other streaming services.

As a matter of fact, I started tuning out Sunday, when I drove to the GTA and back, delivering my daughter back to school after a week home, for reading week. On the ride, both ways, we listened to music. When I returned home, I barely looked at my phone, only quickly moved to my social media feeds, and only to see what my local peeps were up to.

Yesterday, I stayed fully engaged in my work, only periodically looking at Twitter, and when I saw anything that was related to what's going on in that country to the south of me, I closed the app.

It's not that I don't care what happens in the United States, that I don't worry that the orange idiot will somehow win a second term, or whether the country erupts into still more civil unrest, or even civil war. I just don't want to hear the garbage that is surrounding the election.

I don't want to hear more crap spew from the COVIDiot-in-Chief. I don't want to hear about his minions who are intimidating voters or suppressing the vote.

That country is such a mess and will be for a long time. And I'm so done with hearing about it.

Today, as with the past couple of days, I'm tuning out. Tomorrow, I'll briefly check the news to see what's what with the world, and then I'll tune out again. I may repeat this process for the rest of the week.

Here's a picture with a couple of cute kittens. I've found them to be a wonderful distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment