Friday, October 28, 2022

My Favourite Time of Year

If the past few days were any indication, winter isn't just around the corner.

Not yet.

Autumn has always been my favourite time of year, with the changing colours in the trees and moderate days. It's hard to believe that on the second-last Sunday of October, I was still wearing shorts.

DW and I were going to remove the rack from the roof of our car, figuring that our days of going somewhere with our kayaks were finished for the season. And yet, on Sunday, we were on Calabogie Lake, sweating.

Not that this was a total surprise: last year, I was taking out my road bike for rides until the second week of November, after we had already put the snow tires on our vehicles. I haven't hung my bike from the ceiling in our garage, yet, and still plan to do more rides. Probably, tomorrow and Sunday, which are shaping up just nicely.

Autumn isn't over yet.

Will we get one final paddle in? Fingers crossed.

Autumn is great, and last weekend and the beginning of the week have proven it. With more mild weather in store this weekend, winter can just hold right off.

(I get the winter tires installed on my vehicles next week, just to be on the safe side.)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment