Tuesday, March 19, 2024

No More Binging

Perhaps it's best that I don't have anything to watch.

Lately, I find myself sitting in front of the TV too much. Some days, I finish work and turn on a series that I'm streaming and watch a bunch of episodes for hours. I'd only take a break to make dinner, clean up after dinner (I'd eat while watching the news), and writing a blog post before calling it a day.

The rest of the time, I'd be in my favourite chair, with my legs up and one of the cats stretched out on them. It would be a lazy evening.

Mind you, I don't do this every day. I tend to become a couch potato on evenings when DW heads to the gym or for pickleball for a few hours.

You'd think she would motivate me to be more active.

I was hooked on the FX series The Americans and watched all six seasons in a couple of months. Following that series, I started watching and got hooked on the Apple TV+ series For All Mankind. So far, only four seasons have aired, with the fifth season apparently not coming until next year.

I blew through those episodes in a matter of weeks.

Recently, I watched Masters of the Air, also on Apple TV+. It was okay but I managed to watch all nine shows in three sittings.

It was at this point that I thought enough was enough. I'm neglecting work on my videos, I'm writing blog posts within hours of posting them (in the past, I'd often write posts a few days to a few weeks in advance) and often struggle at finding a subject.

Originally, I was going to make this post about what should be the next binge-worthy TV series to watch, but as I sat at the keyboard, I thought no, I need a break from TV. I need to turn my attention to other things, like keeping our house in order and getting back to other things I enjoy.

Like getting out of the house to take some photos, which I haven't really done since DW and I returned from vacation (sure, there was the time that I took some self portraits, but I didn't leave the house).

I can still watch TV while I work out on my spin bike. What else is there to do? I'll also likely watch the news during dinner, but as soon as the news is over and the kitchen is cleaned, I'm going to be more productive.

Unless I really have nothing better to do, there will be no more binging.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment