Friday, March 22, 2024

Patterns

There are some photos that I shot while DW and I were in Costa Rica that I just don't know what to do with.

They are images of things that just caught my eye and I captured the moment. They are random shots that don't necessarily fit in with the thousands of other photos that I took over our two-week stay.

I like them for what they are. Some, I suppose, can tell a story; others, not so much.

But there's a shot that I see, in the many that are in my Google photo album, that makes me stop and gaze upon it. I haven't edited the shot and I don't think that I need to.

When we were on the sandbar that extends from Playa Uvita and splits into two opposite directions, out into the Pacific, making this unique land mass look like a whale's tail, I took lots of reflection shots as the ocean washed up on the sand, creating a mirrored effect. But at one point, I looked closely at the sand and I saw something entirely different.

I saw a pattern, created by the approaching and then receding water. In it, the sand looked like scales, or feathers.

I took only one photo. One was all I needed.


As I said, I've looked at this photo a few times, in my Google album, but I've never known what to do with it. Maybe, I'll slip it in to a future video of this region. But for now, so that it won't be forgotten, I'll let it live here.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment