Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Exploring 1,000 Islands

Of course, we didn't paddle around a thousand islands.

We did, however, take our kayaks around about 20 of them.

We've adopted a habit of packing up our car and heading out to various rivers and lakes almost every weekend for the past couple of months. Our friends, Nina and Brian, have joined us on all of these outings, too.

We refer to ourselves, on our group chat, as Paddlefolk.

I haven't attached my video cameras on every trip, but so far this year, I've recorded four of our adventures. I wish I had recorded the weekend when we practised rescue moves, because I rocked. I never knew how easy it was to pull myself out of the water, in the middle of a lake, and get back into the cockpit.

I'll make a video of this another time, this summer.

So far, I've published two kayaking videos, this season, to my YouTube channel, with a third one coming on August 3 and the fourth one in edits. The latest one dropped on Saturday and you can view it here.

We visited Gananoque in June and paddled around the 1,000 Islands to the immediate southwest, on the St. Lawrence River. We covered more than 13 kilometres over about five hours, which included several stops and a picnic lunch on one of the islands.

We saw fish, found a shipwreck, and explored a tiny but interesting bay. And much more.

Have a look:

And, as always, if you like the video, give it a thumbs-up and subscribe to my channel. I'd like to hit 300 subscribers by the end of the year.

The next two videos were recorded closer to home. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment