Literally in the Background

When I started doing background acting work, I never thought I’d actually see the films in which I participated.

I figured that the majority of them would be Hallmark movies that I’d only ever see if I subscribed to the streaming service, and I have no plans to ever sign up for this one. I never thought I’d be notified when a production I was in was released.

Last week, when I met with some of my karaoke friends at the Bells Corners legion, Dave, who introduced me to background work, told me that one of the films I was in had already been released. He added that he was surprised it had come out so quickly.

The movie is called Killer Clown.

It was the second production in which I had participated and I was in five scenes. The filming was done in Munster Hamlet, at Saunders Farm. I arrived for my shoots at 7 pm and we didn’t wrap up until 3 am. I was dressed in jeans, a light sweater, and shoes, and by the time we wrapped, I was half frozen.

It was April and temperatures dipped to nearly freezing after midnight.

After Dave told me that the movie had been released, he showed me a link to a YouTube trailer. When I saw the trailer, I learned that the movie was being shown on Lifetime Network and doesn’t actually air until August 1.

In the trailer, there are some scenes shown from Saunders Farm, including the last scene that we shot for the night I was there, when a performer at a county fair was working with flaming batons. In this clip, there are spectators watching, and for a fraction of a second, I saw myself.

Right here (see the thin yellow circle):

And here’s the full trailer:

I’m hoping that the movie eventually becomes available to the Lifetime YouTube channel. Maybe then, I’ll get to see some of my work, however brief it will be.

To date, I’ve only been in three films but I’m hoping that I get called for more soon. It’s a lot of fun: I’ve met interesting people and have seen how movies are made.

Happy Thursday!

Comments