Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Just Call Me Your Events Coordinator

When I was in high school, many, many years ago, I would often be the one to organize outings with my friends, whether it be to hang out at the mall, or the park, to go to the movies, or, as we got older, to go to bars and night clubs.

My shyness came later.

For more than a year now, since I've attended a few social-media events and come out of my shell, I've returned to organizing various events. In the month of October, however, I seem to have gone overboard with events. I'm attending a few that others have organized, like this past weekend's Worldwide Photo Walk (photos to come tomorrow), the upcoming Brewmaster's Dinner at Mill Street, and the Ottawa Bottle Share at the end of the month.

But I've organized three events of my own, and I'm hoping that my Ottawa peeps come out. Here they are:


1. Mill Street Tweetup IX: held at the Mill Street Brew Pub, this is the ninth tweetup that I've organized at my favourite pub in the city. There is great food, outstanding beer (the Nightmare on Mill Street Pumpkin Ale and Octoberfest Ale are on tap!), and most of all, some fabulous conversation with interesting folks from around the city.

The event starts at 5:00 on Tuesday, October 15, and usually runs until about 9:00 or so. The event is free to attend (of course, your drinks and food are not), but seating is limited to 20. To reserve your spot, go to Mill Street Tweetup IX at Eventbrite. Follow it on Twitter by using the #MillStTweetup hashtag.


2. Brown Knowser Photo Walk: I try to hold one photo walk through Ottawa each season. I'm not always successful, but I try. This time, the walk takes us up to Gatineau Park, and I hope that the leaves hold out. Despite yesterday's wind and rain, there are still lots of leaves that haven't changed colour.

We meet at the P13 parking lot, at Meech Lake, at 2:00 on Sunday, October 20. The only thing that will prevent us from walking the 3.5-kilometre trail will be steady rain. It's too dangerous.

While this event is sold out, I am willing to take a few more. Just contact me, at roland_axam@yahoo.ca. For more details about the event, see last week's blog post.


3. Tuesday Tweetup: yes, I've organized another tweetup. You can never have too many tweetups, can you? This time, we're meeting at D'Arcy McGee's, on Sparks Street, at Elgin. This is a great pub and is another of my favourites. D'Arcy's will be releasing a special beer by Unibroue and we'll be taking advantage of it.

The event is Tuesday, October 29, and starts at 5:00. Again, seating is limited to this event, so don't miss out on your chance. Reserve your spot at Tuesday Tweetup on Eventbrite.

So, those are my events. I hope to see you at at least one of them, if not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment