Friday, April 17, 2015

Photo Friday: Girl in the Window

It was my first photo meetup with my new camera. I'm still figuring it out, and am learning as I go.

I have a perfect portrait lens: a 24-70mm f2.8. With it, I can get up close, as I do with my 100 Strangers project, but I can also zoom back and get the whole person, without distortion. And I can shoot in lower light, without having to rely on flashes to illuminate the subject.

That's not to say that when I do a model shoot, that I won't take advantage of studio light.

At this model shoot, we took advantage of ambient light from large windows. I took two types of photos, as our model stood in the window frame: one, without a flash; the other, with an umbrella flash with a silver reflector.

The results are striking: one shows the buildings outside and a dark silhouette; the other washes out the outside and throws light everywhere.


 

Which one do you prefer?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment