Sure, my allergies are raging against me now, but it was worth it.
And now that there's great weather for tempting folks outside, it's a great time to notice the city and environs. And, what better way to do just that than with a photo contest?
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Where In Ottawa (it's been running for more than four years, now), here's the lowdown. Starting today, you have only five days to solve the challenge. Actually, it's four-and-a-half days. The contest starts at 9:00 on a Monday morning and ends at 9:00, Friday evening.
Here are the other rules for Where In Ottawa:
- If you think you know the location of the structure in the image, leave your guess in the Comments section of this post. Answers sent to me by Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, or any other method than by writing a guess in the Comments section do not qualify for this challenge. I will not reply to any other form of guess.
- If you were with me when I took the photo, you may not participate in the challenge.
- If you have won Where In Ottawa in the past, you may still participate.
- You may leave as many guesses as you want.
- Starting tomorrow, I will leave clues to the location in the upper-right column of this post, adding a new clue each day until the challenge is solved.
- Clues will also be accompanied by a new photo with a new view of the location. While the clues will accumulate in the right-hand column, the photos won't. Only one photo will appear each day and will replace the previous photo.
- If the challenge has not been solved by 17:00 EST on Friday, May 8, the challenge will end and I will reveal the location on Monday, May 11.
- There is no prize for winning the challenge. You only come away with a feeling of pride, having proved that you know this city.
- The winner will be announced at the first available opportunity.
Think you know Ottawa? Prove it!
And good luck!