Monday, November 12, 2018

Where In Ottawa LXXIII

This may be a really quick Where In Ottawa. But this month, that's the point.

I'm hoping that somebody solves my photo challenge by Wednesday, at the latest, because for the next couple of days after then, I may not be able to check on how my contest is going.

In three days, I'll be undergoing my long-awaited reconstructive surgery on my left foot, which has been giving me more than its fair share of trouble for the past two-and-a-half years. With any luck, by the end of Thursday, I'll either be on the road to recovery or one foot short.

But enough about that. Let's get back to my photo challenge.

For those of you who haven't played Where In Ottawa before, here's how it works: below, you'll see a photo that has been shot somewhere in Ottawa. Your job is to identify the spot and let me know by leaving your answer in the Comments section to this post. The first person to correctly identify the location of the photo wins (bragging rights only).

Please do not send me your answer through any other means: no Twitter, no Facebook, no e-mail, no smoke signals. You can guess as many times as you like.


For every day in which no correct answer is provided, I will leave a clue in the right-hand margin of this blog, below my goofy face. If the challenge isn't won by noon on Friday, November 16, the contest ends and I'll reveal the location on Monday, November 19.

Now, I'm not likely to be in any shape nor have the means to leave a clue on Friday, so in addition to the photo itself, I'm going to provide one clue right now.

Because yesterday marked 100 years since the end of World War One and was the day on which we all take a moment to honour those brave men and woman who have served and sacrificed for our great country, November's photo challenge is a salute to those who lost their lives so far from home.

That's the clue.

Ready for this month's challenge?



Think you know Ottawa? Prove it!

4 comments: