Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Changes for 2021

Image via Google

Every so often, I take a look at the posts that I've published on The Brown Knowser and I evaluate whether I should continue writing similar posts, whether I should change other recurring posts, and if I should introduce something new or bring something back.

With that in mind, moving forward to 2021, I'm going to make some changes to my blog and bring some segments back.

Sometimes, I feel that posting only one photo for my Wordless Wednesday isn't enough, so I'm going to post more photos if I feel I have a subject that requires more than one. There have also been times where I have felt that some explanation around a photo needs explanation, or that I want to describe how I composed and captured a shot, so I'm also bringing back Photo Fridays.

However, I still want to continue with my Friday Fiction, so I'm going to alternate these posts or post whatever seems more appropriate for that week.

There are no rules in having a blog and I don't want to constrain myself.

I'm also toying with the idea of publishing blog posts from Tuesday to Friday. Often, I'm tired at the end of the weekend and am not in the mood to write anything on Sunday nights. But I might just write when I feel like writing, not worrying about when a blog post will appear on The Brown Knowser.

I'd also like to remind you that I welcome guest posts. In the nearly 10 years of The Brown Knowser, I have had only a handful of posts sent to me by friends and followers. Feel like contributing? Reach out to me!

The only thing that is constant is change, and my blog is no exception. I may change my mind about these changes, again, but I think that's what keeps a blog fresh, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment