Monday, December 14, 2020

Winding Down 2020

Image via Google
The year is almost over. No doubt, 2020 will go down as one of the worst years ever. So much has been put on hold this year or cancelled altogether. And with the cold weather coming in, many will feel the frosty isolation more acutely.

I can't wait for the year to be done with. As of this coming Thursday, I'll be on vacation and won't have to think about work until the first week of the new year. In some ways, I won't even have to think about this blog, but in a way that signals relief over being tired of it.

Since I returned to The Brown Knowser, I've enjoyed writing and I hope you've enjoyed reading. But even though I've enjoyed providing mindless nonsense to you, I do need a break over the holidays, to spend time with my family, to focus on my fiction, and to rest my brain.

If you've been following this blog over the years, you're aware that I repeat some Christmas posts. They're lined up and ready to go. I've already prepared the remaining Wordless Wednesday posts for December, and my favourite photos of 2020 are ready to be revealed.

(Even this post was written last week.)

There will be days where I don't publish a blog post, and for me, that's okay. During the rest of this month, I can focus on recharging my batteries, and I'll hopefully come up with some posts that you'll enjoy.

Thanks for following The Brown Knowser, and I hope you have a safe and happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment