Friday, September 20, 2013

Photo Friday: Making the Ordinary Extraordinary

Because yesterday had such a beautiful, late-summer afternoon, I took a break from my hectic work day to go for a walk. Yet, because my office is located, literally, in the middle of nowhere (we have woods to the north and east of us, a highway to the west, and an empty field, at least a half-kilometre away from the nearest building, to the south of us), there isn't much of a route in which one can walk (the office is also at the end of a dead-end street).

I could have walked the length of the road and back, but instead I simply decided to walk the perimeter of my building, which was probably close to a kilometre, anyway.

In the north-east corner, the property ends with a field full of tall grass and purple flowers, a fleet of bees busily moving from plant to plant. Beyond the field lay the forest, and already traces of autumn were starting to touch the leaves of some trees.

It was a beautiful setting, so I pulled my iPhone from my pocket to capture it (the best camera for the job is the one you have with you).



Not satisfied with the colour, I ran the photo through Snapseed to tweak it.


I liked how I got the colours to pop out; the photo was less ordinary.

Last night, as I was looking at the photo in the comfort of home, I decided to play with the photo a little more, and ran it through the Corel Paint It app on my phone, changing the photograph into a simulated oil painting. When I was done, I didn't recognize the original photo. But I loved the result.


I even printed it out on a 4x6 sheet of photo paper: it looks like a post card.

What do you think? Want it?

The first person to leave a comment, requesting the photo, gets it. I'll even write a personalized message on the back.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment