Monday, September 30, 2013

Who's Up for a Photo Walk?

The autumn colours have come to the Ottawa-Gatineau area earlier than usual, and I'd like to get out there and take advantage of them (and hopefully continue the warm trend we've enjoyed).

Who's with me?


I'm looking for 10 photographers to hike with me on Sunday, October 20, from Meech Lake to the Tawadina Lookout, along the Wolf Loop trail. From the P13 parking lot, near Blanchet Beach, we'll walk 3.5 kilometres to the lookout, and back. The trail is moderate, with a few steep slopes, so it's not as easy as other walks I've led.

Because of the condition of the trail (rocks and tree roots stick out and the ground is not even, plus there will be lots of leaves covering the trail), I will cancel the walk if there is a steady rain. No one wants to slip and injure themselves, let alone their camera equipment.

I recommend that you wear good hiking boots that have good grip. Because we don't know what the weather will be like, I can only say to dress appropriately. It can be quite windy at the lookout.



If you're interested, go to my Eventbrite site and sign up. The walk is free, but you are responsible for getting yourself to the meeting spot. We'll meet at 2:00 and start on the trail no later than 2:15.

I hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment