Friday, October 10, 2014

Photo Friday: Spheres

My smartphone has a built-in feature for the camera that I remember every once and a while, usually when I'm somewhere that doesn't warrant that type of shot.

It's called Photo Sphere, and it allows me to pan 360 degrees, plus up and down. The screen directs me where to move: I line up a ball in a circle, and then the camera automatically snaps the shot and tells me where to point to next.

When it's done, it automatically balances out the light and stitches everything together.

On my camera, I can view the photo and scroll anywhere, and see the photo as though I was still standing where I shot the images.

I know there are a lot of apps that do this, but how many of you have used them?

Flattened out, the photo can look quite bizarre.

I took the following photo in Sarlat-la-Canéda, in the Dordogne region, while we were looking for a place in which to dine.


Unfortunately, people wouldn't stand still for me, and so they would be cut off.

A few weeks ago, my family and I hiked to the Willson Carbide Mill, in Gatineau Park. Remembering this feature, I took another shot.


As soon as I figure how to make the photos work as intended on the blog, I'll update this post.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That Gatineau one is pretty cool. What kind of phone do you have?

    ReplyDelete