Monday, January 30, 2017

Tipping Point

I used to be happy when more than 10 people visited my blog each day. Hell, I'm still surprised that anyone comes here in the first place.

But in all seriousness, thank you for reading The Brown Knowser. I'm honoured to have a following.

When I started with Brownfoot Journal, double-digit readership days were uncommon at first, and when those numbers seemed to suddenly double themselves, I was thrilled. You were reading me. Then, in the first month of The Brown Knowser, my daily numbers jumped again, with just over 50 visitors per day.

And in every month that followed, the numbers tended to grow. Again, I'm honoured.

But something has happened in the last couple of months and I'm not sure why, but my readership has nearly tripled, since last April, when I started to come off of my short-lived hiatus, and as of writing this post, January has seen the most visitors than any other month since The Brown Knowser launched, in June of 2011.

Even when my viewership spiked, in March of 2014, after CBC Ottawa showed the video that I made at the end of my Bate Island Project, had I ever thought I would have that many viewers again. Then, my monthly viewership hit more than 6,100 visits.

With today and tomorrow left in January, I have already seen 6,365 views. That's almost 220 views per day.

A far cry from my single-digit Brownfoot Journal days and significantly more than my early Brown Knowser ones.

Thank you.

I know that compared to many bloggers out there, I'm still small. I'm sure that some folks out there see my monthly totals in a single day.

That's great. For them.

When I first started blogging, it was meant to go to family and friends as a way to reach out and let them know what the "Brownfoots" were up to. I then started writing just for myself, but to be fine with anybody checking out my musings, rants, and raves.

It looks like you enjoy what I do, and that's humbling. I'll keep on doing it.

For you, as well as for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment