Tuesday, January 1, 2019

It's 2019

When I was in my teens, I listened to a lot of rock music, now considered Classic Rock. Led Zeppelin, Yes, and The Who were heavy in my rotation.

I remember listening to "My Generation" and singing along, belting out the line, "Hope I die before I get old." back then, to me, old was 37. I disregarded what Dennis, in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," said:

"I'm 37. I'm not old."

To me, at 15 or 16, or 17, 37 was old. Another 20 or so years longer was far too long a life. And that would be, like, in 2002. That was too far in the future for my teenage mind to comprehend.

And now here we are, at the start of 2019, and I wonder what the coming year holds. Another federal election for us in Canada; with any luck, an impeachment in the U.S. The way the world is working these days, I don't hold out much hope for humanity.

But I hope to hold my loved ones close, to be with family and friends as much as possible. If we can all do that, then maybe we can cast a bright spot over all of the dark shadows.

Happy New Year, and here's hoping for a bright 2019.

Rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment