Friday, March 1, 2019

Photo Friday: Climbing

Even though I keep my camera in my backpack, as I travel to and from the office, even though I have witnessed beautiful sunrises, mist rolling over the Rideau River or climbing up from Hog's Back Falls, or even enshrouding the Peace Tower, I haven't bothered to pull over, climb out of the car, and capture the moment.

I've done it all before.

With my upcoming trips to the Mayan Riviera and to South Korea, my head is filling with images I plan to capture in the coming weeks.

In Mexico, I plan to do some climbing: atop the ancient Mayan ruins of Cobá, of Tulum.

While this will be my first trip to the former, I've been to the latter, in 1989. It was a hot day, but that didn't stop us from exerting ourselves. Me and three women. The view was spectacular, the various buildings, reduced in many places to rubble, laid out before us.


Nowhere to go for shelter, we looked out to the sea, where storm clouds climbed upward like snowy mountains. We saw flashes of lightning and new, in the distance, the rain was falling hard.

Yes, I've shown this photo a few times already. Sue me.
How we wished that rain would come our way.

Happy Friday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment