Monday, May 6, 2019

Where In Ottawa LXXIV

The last Where In Ottawa photo challenge was in November, last year, just before I underwent surgery to rebuild my left foot. I realized that my mobility was going to be greatly impaired, especially with the pending snows and cold temperatures.

Even after I was more mobile, I lost the desire to go out in the winter. It was still too cold but, more importantly, I was tired of the snow.

I meant to capture an image before I went on my Mexican vacation and post a Where In Ottawa contest last month, but I ran out of time. Even though I had a spot in mind, I just couldn't get out to it, take my photos, and prepare a post before I had to pack for my trip.

And so, as I promised last month, Where In Ottawa has returned. Except, it's an abbreviated edition.

This Friday, in the early hours of the morning, I'll be boarding a plane and heading to Seoul, South Korea. This Friday, I will reveal the location of today's challenge; hopefully, with a winner. That means that you have only four days to identify where the following photo was shot.

But there's an incentive.

Because I'm going to Korea to write the sequel to my novel, Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary, I've decided to give away a signed copy of this book to the winner of this challenge. And... because I'm feeling extra generous (and because I need an incentive to work as quickly as possible on the sequel, Gyeosunim), the winner of this challenge will also receive one of the first copies of Gyeosunim, as soon as it's published.

With any luck, the winner won't have long to wait to read the sequel after reading the first book.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Where In Ottawa, the rules are simple: below, you will see a photo. If you know where this photo was taken, leave your answer in the Comments section of this post. If you follow me on Twitter, are a Facebook friend, or have my e-mail address, please don't contact me with the answer through these means of communication.

Not only will you not win through these channels, but I won't even acknowledge that you guessed through them.

On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I will leave a new clue as to the location's whereabouts in the right-hand column of The Brown Knowser, under the photo of me.

You can guess as many times as you want, as long as you use the Comments section, and only for this post.

The first person to correctly identify the location wins.

You have until 8:00 pm, EST, on Thursday, May 9, 2019, to participate in this photo challenge before it closes. Any guesses after 7:00 pm but before 8:01 pm will still qualify to win the giveaway books but I will not mention you in Friday's post, where the location will be revealed.

By 8:01, I'll be in full-panic mode, ensuring I've packed everything, that all my documents are in order, and the last thing I'll be thinking about is my blog or Where In Ottawa.

So, are you ready? Here's the photo...



Think you know Ottawa? Prove it!



2 comments:

  1. Piazza Dante at Gladstone and Booth Street. Guessed this earlier but comment deleted form here

    ReplyDelete