Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Day of the Saint

If you live in Québec and you believe that Québec is a nation unto itself, today is Fête nationale du Québec.

I was born in Québec and I also work there, but it's not my 'national' day. That one comes exactly one week from today, on July 1.


But I will say "Happy Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day!"



It's a statutory holiday so I don't have to work. That's great news; however, during these days of a global pandemic, what am I supposed to do? I can't really go anywhere, unless, possibly, I take my kayak for a solo paddle.

I suppose I can do some chores around the house. That'll make DW happy. Or, perhaps, I can do some writing or make a Beer O'Clock review for my Brown Knowser YouTube channel.

I could also take my camera and find a place to capture images.

For my Québec friends and family who celebrate on this day, profites de ton jour de repos et rester en sécurité et en bonne santé!


No comments:

Post a Comment