Friday, June 5, 2020

Photo Friday: Cockburn Street

It's perhaps my favourite photo from my 2010 trip to Scotland.

I had just departed the airport bus from Edinburgh International Airport, which let me off at Waverley Station. On my flight, I had memorized the route to the hotel where my friend, Stuart, was kindly sharing his room.

As soon as I stepped off the bus, I pulled my camera out of its bag and set my wide-angle lens on it. There was a photo that I wanted to capture. It was something that I had seen before, some 22 years earlier, but the photo that I had taken on my first trip to Edinburgh didn't turn out. Being shot on 35mm slide film, I wouldn't know of the blurred image until I returned home and had the film processed.

But this was the digital age, and I had my first D-SLR, a Nikon D80.

About halfway up the sloped, winding road that is Cockburn Street, I stopped and snapped a photo. One photo. Looking at it in the display, zooming in to see detail, I knew it was in focus. I continued on my way to the Salisbury Green Hotel.

My adventure was just about to begin.


Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment