Thursday, July 2, 2020

No Numbers

DW told me that from now on, when I tell people that today is our wedding anniversary, I'm not allowed to state how many years we've been married. I'm not even allowed to say how many years we've been together (which is more than five years before our wedding date... shhh!).

"Why don't you want me to say how long we've been together?" I asked.

"Because when people know how long we've been together, they'll have an idea of how old we are."

Okay then...

Today marks a freakin' long time that DW and I have been married. And I've spent more than half of my life with her, and I'm considered a senior citizen at Shoppers Drug Mart.

My hair was a chestnut brown when we started dating: I now have plenty of grey and the brown has lightened up.

I wear our years together like a badge of honour. But I won't tell you how many years.


(If you want to know, you're going to have to go back a few years and then do the math.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary, you two! <3 I know how many years; one more year than us! :-)

    ReplyDelete