Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Getting Naked

As many of my readers may know, I belong to a photography club that meets to take all kinds of photos: sunset and evening photos in the ByWard Market; sunflowers in farm fields; evening exposures of the Milky Way.

We also photograph models: some with clothes on; others, without.

I've shared some of these photos on The Brown Knowser, keeping the full nudity to a minimum or, at the very least, showing only the implied nudity photos, where the 'naughty bits,' to take a line from Monty Python, are covered.

Also, there was that photo that I shared, a few weeks ago, where I exposed my bare ass.

The location for our photo shoot.
On my last photography meetup, a few weeks ago, we hired a model to pose in a field of sunflowers, at sunset. And while the field had lots of sunflowers, the majority of them hadn't fully opened. But that didn't stop us from capturing images of our model, who stood in the field, around various crops, in various states of dress and undress.

So far, I've interspersed photos of our model and some of the opened sunflowers in my Instagram account. To adhere to Instagram's policy on no nudity, I've only shown the fully clothed or implied-nudity shots. I'll continue to do that (though, I may pixelate those naughty bits to share some of the nude images).

There is one image that I shot, where our model chose a pose on her own, as we were moving through a pumpkin patch. She lay on her side, stretching out her body, but moving so that her head was completely obscured by the large pumpkin leaves. I took a few shots while she changed positions.

Because our sun was becoming obscured by smoke from the fires in Northern Ontario, the sky was a characterless grey-white. Many of my shots were angled so that no sky was captured, but for some of the angles, there was no hiding the sky.

In post-production, I decided to use Luminar AI, with some of the portrait templates and the editing tools for faces and skin. For the sky photos, I used the enhanced sky templates, as I did when I first started playing with this photo-editing software.

Of this series of photos, my favourite shot has been edited to enhance the glow of the setting sun, but because the sky was greyed out by smoke, I added my own dramatic clouds and sunset. And because my fake clouds look ominous, I also added some lightning.

Because the model almost looks like she's hiding from this imaginary storm, I envisioned her seeking shelter from the wrath of the impending tempest, and I've since entitled the photo, Gimme Shelter.

For me, this photo is pure art.

I really like how this photo has turned out and would like to share it on my blog (I've already shared it on my 500px account, which contains lots of my NSFW photos). The thing is, our model is not covering up. Only her head is hidden.

What do you think? Should I keep nudity away from The Brown Knowser or should I share not only my creative writing but my artistic nude photography?

Let me know what you think by leaving your thoughts in the Comments section. Your opinions will help me form a decision. And either I'll share this photo on Friday or I'll post something that all audiences can view.

Thanks.

In the meantime, tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday will share some of the photos of our model that I have no problem sharing on this blog. With and without enhanced skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment