Monday, October 11, 2021

No Turkey

It's Canadian Thanksgiving. I hope you are able to safely celebrate with your loved ones.

We celebrated, last night, in Toronto, surrounded by family in an Italian restaurant. Around the table were DW, our kids, my parents, and my younger sister, who lives in the city. We were thankful that we're all fully vaxxed and healthy, and able to celebrate together.

But we ate no turkey.

That's okay. While we love a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, it's nice to change it up every once and awhile. Decades ago, when my siblings and I still lived at our parents' home, there was one year that my mother decided that she didn't want to prepare a big turkey dinner, that she wanted to be pampered. So our father packed us all up and went downtown. We ate a wonderful meal at Mamma Grazzi's.

Another Italian restaurant.

If we do this one more time, it'll be another family tradition.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment