Friday, October 8, 2021

Under a Van Gogh Sky

The pattern of the high cirrus clouds was captivating. It was as though someone had taken a giant can of white spray paint and had slashed it all over the sky.

Walking from the exit doors of my local Home Depot, I couldn't help but turn my head upward. As DW and I made our way through the parking lot to our car, I knew one thing: as soon as I had free hands, I would capture this image.


Yes, I did increase the contrast and saturation, and lower the highlights. But that's it, and by no more than a 10-percent increase for the first two aspects, and a 25-percent reduction for the highlights.

As I said, I thought the sky looked as though a graffiti artist had taken spray paint to the sky. But when I showed the photo to my mother, later that evening, and as some of my Twitter followers also attested when I shared it on social media, she said it looked more like something that Vincent Van Gogh might have painted.

I stand corrected.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment