Friday, June 3, 2022

Back to Cuba

Shortly after DW and I returned from Cuba, last December, I made a hyperlapse video of me walking around the resort. Just me, walking from the entrance of our resort, through the grounds, all the way down to the beach, while a song from one of the live performances we saw plays in the background.

No talking. No descriptions. No information, save what passes your eyes at a high speed.

And while that video has seen more than 4,600 views on YouTube, many complained (including family and friends) that it was just too fast.

"Fair enough," I said. Besides, the video was only a single clip, without any cuts. with the live soundtrack played over (I suppose there were two clips, as the beginning of the video shows the band as the song starts up).

And so, since January, I've been leisurely putting together another video that is mostly the same walkaround, slowed down, but with other video clips that I shot over the week of our stay. The new video gives a much better picture of what guests would see while staying at the Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort and Spa.

I really took my time putting this video together and I cut a lot out, though I still think I could have cut more. For months, the video portion was complete and I had written a script for a voiceover commentary, but it took me forever to find the time to record it (our house was pretty noisy with both kids home, in April and most of May, and my post-COVID cough made it hard to talk for more than a sentence without hacking again).

This week, I finally took some time to record the script, and on Wednesday evening, I added the voiceover track to the video (I had to cut a lot of it out to fit, as well).

Yesterday, my video was finally posted on YouTube, more than five months after returning from Cuba. Have a look...

If you like the video, please give it the ol' thumps-up, and I'd be grateful if you subscribed to The Brown Knowser on YouTube.

What do you think?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment