Friday, September 22, 2023

Roadtrip-Ready

The car has a new windshield and has come back from the dealership, yesterday, after a full tune-up. It's been washed and the kayak roof racks have been removed for less wind resistance.

From 2014, behind the wheel.
We're ready to hit the road.

Initially, we were supposed to be leaving Canada, this weekend, for a two-week trip to Italy with my parents. But worries about health (both my folks and myself) and unexpected expenses forced us to cancel the trip a couple of months ago.

That doesn't mean that DW and I are staying at home. We won't be going abroad but we're getting out of Ottawa for a week.

Tomorrow, we'll be driving to Toronto to spend the weekend with Kid 2, who now calls that city home. We'll check out a jazz club and take in some live music, and we'll explore a bit of the city (we know it well enough but may try to find new things to do).

From Toronto, we'll hit the road again and drive to Stratford, where we'll meet up with some friends and split an Airbnb. We have plans to see three plays, walk the Bacon and Ale Trail, explore chocolate shops, and more.

Next Friday, we say goodbye to our friends (they also live in Ottawa so we'll see them again, soon) and drive to Guelph, where we'll visit more of my oldest and dearest friends. I'm lucky enough to have four friends, and their families, living in this small town, and they've all said that they'll be available for a get-together.

I can't wait.

And you can bet that I'll be coming home with some exciting brews to review in the coming weeks.

Sure, Toronto and southern Ontario are not my first choices for a vacation, but given who we'll be seeing in the nine days that we're away, I can't imagine a better way to spend some free time.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment