Monday, September 25, 2023

New Game in Town

Now that my free subscription to the New York Times game, Spelling Bee, has ended, I've been looking for new ways to kill some time and keep my brain sharp, and luckily, the NYT has introduced another free game, along with Wordle.

It's called Connections.

The rules are simple: you are provided with 16 words and you must find four that have something in common, such as how they sound or how they are components of an object, or if they are all words that describe something similar. When you have clicked on these four connected words, you submit your guess.


You are allowed only four attempts to link all four groups of words.

For example, in this puzzle, the words WON, TOO, FOR, and ATE all sound like numbers.


It's a challenging game and can take me much longer than it does to solve Wordle's word of the day, but it takes less time than Spelling Bee took me to find all of the words to get me to Genius level.


I've only been playing it a few times but I'm getting hooked. Fortunately, it's available to play only once each day, like the other NYT games I've played, so it doesn't take up a lot of time.

How about you? Have you played it? What other games do you play? Leave me a comment, below.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment