Friday, October 27, 2023

Bridge Over the Rideau

Autumn is my favourite season and I tend to get out to capture the changing colours, but this year I have spent most of this season indoors.

I think I'm becoming a hermit.

I still hope that I can find more time to go outdoors and enjoy the crisp air, but this past Sunday, I got out to take in what I could, despite wind and rain.

As I explained in Tuesday's post, I made a quick stop near the Vimy Memorial Bridge, hoping to get colourful leaves surrounding this three-arched bridge. Unfortunately, the leaves had left a lot of the trees and the colour was somewhat subdued. Those leaves on many trees were also still showing green, but on a grey day such as this, the colours didn't pop.


The dam and locks at the Long Island Lockstation have also been set to hold water back (I believe that all the locks are closed tight, all the way to Big Rideau Lake), which has lowered the water levels, marking the end of kayaking season on the Rideau Lakes system.

Fall has almost run its course over most trees in the Ottawa area. Winter is not far away.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment