Friday, September 20, 2024

High-Speed Crossing

I have two more kayaking videos that I'm working on and they just might close out the year. That is, unless I do more kayaking this year, which could very likely be the case.

We've paddled until October before.

But our last paddle was this past weekend, when we crossed the Ottawa River at Morris Island Conservation area, just west of Fitzroy Harbour, into Baie Black. It's a very interesting area and we just scratched the surface of the little inlets and passages, so we'll definitely be back.

On our way back to Morris Island, I started recording just as we were leaving the bay. I captured the entire crossing of the river and into the bay where we put our kayaks in. In editing, I sped the video up 64 times, making the 20-minute crossing only last about 28 seconds.

Have a look.


I've uploaded this short clip to my YouTube channel. It's the first short that I've posted. It may not be my last.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment